Tuesday, May 31, 2016

The FDA extends its public comment period on its proposed skin shock devices ban to July 25, 2016.

[Editorial note: This post is breaking news so I published it while still in drafting stage. May 20 was the first draft, unpublished date.]

I subscribe to email alerts from the FDA. They have just announced that they have extended the ban's public comment deadline to July 25, 2016.

As of today, Friday, May 20, 2016, the Federal Register, it seems, has not updated this information in its page where we can submit our comments. As I write this post, the Register says the comment period ends in five days. I imagine that by the end of the original five day period, the Register will have updated its page. Anyhow, here's the link, so please submit your comments here. (Scroll to the bottom for your FDA comment submission instructions.)

Here is the comment I submitted them.

The FDA reports that it has received requests to extend the deadline. I do not know who has done this. However, I speculate it was the attorneys for the Judge Rotenberg Center (JRC) of extremely painful electric skin shock, the institution behind all this torturous trouble with skin zolts.

Also, Pam Zich, the journalist with our newly formed ABALeaks organization, has submitted a Freedom Of Information Act request to the FDA for JRC Director Glenda Crookes' response to the FDA to her warning letter from them that her JRC was using FDA unapproved shock devices. In the document, Crookes admitted that her JRC staff attached their Graduated Electronic (behavior rate) Decelarators (GED's) to, among other places, on the buttocks.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright and disclaimers

Reward and Consent , © is January 15, 2007 to the current date. All rights reserved (and stuff like that). E-mail me for permission to reproduce in part or in full. Please link to and cite passages quoted or paraphrased from here.

Reward and Con
sent is not responsible for links on the site. For example, I use keywords "Operant Conditioning" in the YouTube search field for the videos displayed below the archives on the left. Google selects the videos and the results change from time to time. Please email me if anything is not educational and germane to the subject and I will reevaluate the search.

I am an advocate for people with disabilities certified to teach special education with a Master of Arts in Teaching. I am not a Licensed Psychologist or a Board Certified Behavior Analyst. When in doubt, seek the advice of an MD, a PhD, or a BCBA. My ability to analyze the ethics of ABA stems from the fact that I am disabled and ABA interventions are often done to people like me, which I voluntarily accept, but only when I alone am the person granting consent, and not a parent, sibling, guardian, or institution.