Wednesday, August 13, 2014

In a phone interview recorded for Reward and Consent, a St. Louis County Policeman spoke of "numerous" Ferguson shooting witnesses.

Embedded at the bottom of this post is the audio recording of a telephone interview I conducted today with the media relations officer of the St. Louis County Police Department. They are currently investigating the shooting death of Michael Brown in the city of Ferguson, Missouri which happened Saturday, August 9, 2014.

Regarding police restriction of media access to Ferguson, he said he had not seen this while he was in Ferguson every night. He said the scope of the county investigation only includes the death of Mr. Brown. They are not investigating the police control of the demonstrators in Ferguson. County police have made arrests in Ferguson and the police officer who did the shooting is still under investigation and has not been arrested.

I said, "How can it be objective when police are investigating police?"

He said, "We are seeking ... and have spoken with numerous, numerous independent witnesses - still seeking more witnesses to this. And we just - you know I'd like to remind everybody as well, as the police department, we document our findings, every witness statement, every piece of evidence. It is turned over to the prosecuting attorney's office who then is the one who actually makes the call if charges are to be filed. That is not on the police department. We just put our investigation documented and turn it over."



No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright and disclaimers

Reward and Consent , © is January 15, 2007 to the current date. All rights reserved (and stuff like that). E-mail me for permission to reproduce in part or in full. Please link to and cite passages quoted or paraphrased from here.

Reward and Con
sent is not responsible for links on the site. For example, I use keywords "Operant Conditioning" in the YouTube search field for the videos displayed below the archives on the left. Google selects the videos and the results change from time to time. Please email me if anything is not educational and germane to the subject and I will reevaluate the search.

I am an advocate for people with disabilities certified to teach special education with a Master of Arts in Teaching. I am not a Licensed Psychologist or a Board Certified Behavior Analyst. When in doubt, seek the advice of an MD, a PhD, or a BCBA. My ability to analyze the ethics of ABA stems from the fact that I am disabled and ABA interventions are often done to people like me, which I voluntarily accept, but only when I alone am the person granting consent, and not a parent, sibling, guardian, or institution.